Heya, I'd like to introduce to you a new series on musingful.
Recently (*edited on Jan 2017: previously called 'Peek into my life') will be a series where I sit down and tell you about what's been going on in my life and mind, things I've read, watched, listened, eaten and other things that are worth sharing. It will pretty much be a round up of my life lately. I'll probably do this once a month or so. Let's get started!
In the life
I'm currently at home in Bangkok. It's 5 am (hello again, jet lag). I just arrived today to spend the holiday with my family. After a delightful dinner with our grandparents, I came home to a beautiful bouquet of flowers (photo below). My parents always get me flowers every time I return home from the UK. They're honestly the sweetest human beings. We'll be going on a road trip to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai from 24th Dec to 1st Jan. By the time this post goes live, we should be there already. I'm looking forward to hiking on a mountain and counting down to the new year with them.
I haven't spoken Thai at all when I was in the UK for 3 months, and I found myself struggling to speak Thai with my family today. I had to pause in between each sentences to translate what I want to say from English to Thai in my head. It's kind of embarrassing, haha. #bilingualproblems
The day before my flight, Akash and I went to Winter Wonderland in London and ate at Bone Daddies. I'll post our photo diary of Winter Wonderland (where we ate yummy things like nutella crepes) and a review of the Japanese restaurant soon. It was truly a day well spent with my boyfriend. We'll be in a long distance relationship for only 2 weeks, so I guess it's not that bad. Now is a good opportunity for us to spend quality time with our own families.
In the mind
I've been thinking of making a short film since forever. The sentimental, aesthetic sort of film that has a meaningful message, like this one. I didn't know what the story will be about until yesterday, when I was inspired by words written on this photo. I now have a rough idea of the story for my first dream short film but I don't know when, or how, or where I'm going to make it. All I know is I really need to get a DSLR camera and learn how to use it properly, so I can shoot great quality clips. And I also need time.
I don't have a lot of time to engage in my creative hobbies because of the crazy workload of my biomedical science course. Lectures, coursework, studying, blogging and other essential things (cooking, gym, cleaning etc.) takes up most of my time already. Or maybe I'm just really bad at time management, hah. It's okay. For now, I'm going to keep the short film idea locked away deep inside my mind until I have some spare time to write the script, plan, shoot and edit the video. I have other important things to focus on right now, like studying for my exams in January and preparing for my medical school interview (!!) later in the month.
For the eyes
- This Last Moment, a lovely blog about mindfulness, sustainable living and feminism. I'm also in love with her videos. They're so soothing and calming to watch.
- A rant about the Hollywood remake of Train To Busan. I agree with everything Hannie said, and I'm so furious. Whitewashing in Hollywood has got to stop.
- Loving like an existentialist. Please watch this. Savannah Brown and her poems are purely beautiful.
For the ears
- K-pop piano compilation. I love this so much. Perfect for a study session or when you need some peace and concentration.
- Mistletoe by AJ Rafael and Tori Kelly. An old but gold song by two of my fave singers to get you into the Christmas/holiday spirit.
For the stomach
- If you've never had chocolate chip cookies from Subway, please go try one (or two, or five). It's hands down the best cookie I've ever had. The cookie is baked to perfection, with the inside part slightly melted and the crust a little crunchy. Just the way I like it.
- Ben's Cookies. These ones are thick, chunky and just plain wonderful. My favourite is the milk chocolate chunk.
- I've been meal prepping the (world's tastiest) healthy 5-spice chicken and broccoli fried rice for pretty much the whole semester. And I'm still loving it. I've filmed a video on how to cook it already so I'll try to edit and publish it with the full recipe as soon as I can.
So what have you been up to lately?
Hi, I’m a potato that loves bubble tea, food and sarcasm. You can probably find me laughing at stupid things on the internet, stuffing my face with food or lifting heavy things at the gym. musingful is an online space where I enjoy documenting my lil’ potato life.